July 04, 2012

Palawan - Puerto Princesa: Day 1 - Dos Palmas

Day 1: June 17, 2012

          Ton and Pearl as scheduled, arrived a day early than us. That day, people of Palawan was celebrating Puerto Princesa's Baragatan Festival. They told me that they went to Tiangge and Bazaars just within the town and celebrated the Feast with the locals. We missed though going to the street party to witness their cultural presentation since it was not part of the itinerary and we can't find any vacant day to squeeze the event.

          Because our flight  was at 07:30 in the morning, I had Ron slept in our house to pack our things and rest. Pearl and Tom went ahead of us to Dos Palmas. We arrived in Puerto Princesa at around 9:00 in the morning.

Inside Air Philippines Express

waiting for the plane

Having a cup of coffee at NAIA

Arrival in Puerto Princesa Airport

Arrival in Puerto Princesa Airport



I was really keeping my eye on weather updates. That time, it was raining hard in Metro Manila and I prayed so hard not to have any delayed or cancellation of flights. When we arrived in Puerto Princesa, the weather is at it's best. Not to hot but not raining. It was just a perfect weather to go outdoors. I love it. Finally, we arrived safe!

We had to wait for Cathzie, one other friend of ours who went to Palawan on the same day via Cebu Pacific. She arrived just in time. We were welcomed by 2 of Kuya Pepito Donaire's assistants (I forgot their names) who received our agreed package deal payment and then led us to the van of Dos Palmas who will bring us to the resort. 

We took the van and we were dropped off to Sta. Lourdes Wharf. It was a short road trip, probably around 30 minutes. We then were transferred to Dos Palmas' pump boat.


It was more than an hour. I can hardly remember. I enjoyed the view. It reminded me of our Caramoan getaway. We told ourselves, we need to conquer our fears. For everyone who have read our Caramoan blog, we met an accident back then when our boat capsized and we wanted to prevent the same mishap from happening again. I had to put our gadgets inside zip locks and plastics to protect them. 

Dos Palmas resort looks just "okay". It looks more like an old resort. However, I loved how they welcomed their guests and the security standards they implement within the premises. 

Ron, Kris, Pearl, Ton and Cathzie

They gave us welcome drinks. All 5 of us were so hungry at that point. It was lunch time already. A staff from Dos Palmas toured us to the place and gave a brief history. I can't pay anymore attention to what he was saying because we were so hungry we then went to their restaurant.


They serve the buffet. We cannot wait for our food to arrive that we immediately went to the buffet table and get as much food as we can. There were leche flan, lechon kawali, etc. By the time our food arrived, we were already half full that we had requested to bring home some of the left overs. We got our money's worth and I will definitely come back to this place. 



This is what I mean when I say it was all "worth it"


There were numerous activities we did during our day tour. By the way, day tour costs Php 2, 500.00. When I was planning the itinerary, I thought of taking this off the list. Good thing I did not because I really enjoyed the place. The staffs were all very accommodating and will surely keep you in a safety disposition.






This ends our Day 1 in Palawan :)









No comments:

Post a Comment