February 13, 2012

Didi's Pizza

Location: 769 Mac Arthur Highway, Balibago, Angeles City

Type of food they serve: Italian (Pastas), Mexican (Tacos) and Filipino (Sisig) Cuisine. They are also famous for their baby back ribs.
Rating: 7.5 out of 10




****************************************
Ron and I decided to dine in this place as he told me that, like the website says, the food tastes good (especially the Pizza burger) and the place is very relaxing. It's true that this is one of the most popular place in Pampanga. Most of my friends from Pampanga would tell me that they know this place and would even recommend this place to me. I personally give this restaurant a score of 7.5 out of 10, not even close to saying that I enjoyed or was fully satisfied with the experience but it wasn't bad after all. It was just an "OK".

I'll start with the Bad experience:

One bad thing that I noticed was, the place is most of the time fully occupied. It was my second time to go here, the first time we did, we were not able to dine in because all the tables were occupied so we ended up moving to Copong Copong, which is somewhere right across the street. But I told myself that the next time we'll go back, I'll wait. I was under the impression that, considering the number of people going there would speak of how good this restaurant really is. 

I guess not everyone would agree on me but I never liked the ambiance. It's too dark inside. I guess it was the darkest restaurant I've gone to. Some would consider this intimate but I don't. So we waited for 15 minutes, standing inside it's darkness waiting for an available seat. It's a little bit warm inside so we we're a bit sweaty while waiting for an available table. Their staff would see you but wouldn't even help you look for one. 

Finally on our own, we were able to find a seat. We called the waitress' attention, who looked tired already that night probably because they were understaffed or what not, and placed our order. We ordered combination Pizza, their famous Pizza Burger and Spaghetti. Then we asked how long will the waiting time be. I was a bit surprised when the waitress told me it's going to be 20 minutes. I said okay. Maybe they just would like to serve things hot and they were just setting an expectation.


After 20 minutes as we were told, the food arrived. I guess it would have tasted better had it been served hot - but it wasn't.  The cheese is a little bit mushy which I would have liked more had it been served, again, hot. I like Monster Pizza better than their pizza. 

The combination pizza

The yummy Pizza Burger

Their Pinoy style spaghetti


The Good Experience:

The structure of the restaurant is very homey and kinda looks like the old fashioned style of restaurant here in the Philippines. Except for the lighting, I love the loft style structure of the restaurant. 

Pizza Burger
I would give this one a score of 9. The patty is delicious. The only funny thing I noticed was, the meat that was used for the patty is the same meat that was used for the meat balls in the spaghetti. The cheese that was used though is the same mushy cheese that was used in the pizza and in the spaghetti. May pakiramdam na nakaka "umay" na especially the cheese. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the food.





Price:
As of February of 2012

-Combination Pizza (Medium size): Php 204.00
-PIZZA BURGER with Fries: Php 110.00
-Spaghetti with Meatballs without Salad: Php 76.00
- Coke in Can: Php 40.00 each

Total: Php 470.00 **
The price, it's not bad at all.

We also brought home another medium sized pizza.



Thank you for reading the review. Please feel free to place you comments below. =)







No comments:

Post a Comment