July 22, 2012

Palawan - Puerto Princesa: Day 4 - Honda Bay Island Hopping

    We reached Puerto Princesa from El Nido past 12:00 midnight. We were so tired from the road trip that we immediately went to our rooms and slept. We know we had to wake up early for that day's scheduled trip - Honda Bay Island Hopping. The moment I woke up, i asked the care taker of the house if she could place reservation for our group later that evening at Ka Lui for our dinner which she did.

     After we prepared and had our breakfast, we started the Honda Bay tour. We rode the van to Sta. Lourdes Wharf which is the same drop off point to El Nido.

    On our way to Sta Lourdes, we stopped over at a snorkeling rental store that rents underwater camera case, goggles and swim wears. I did not like the goggles we got. They said that those were made of high quality. But when we started using the goggles underwater, the water kept on going inside.


I think Pearl paid Php 500.00 for this swim wear.

      After 30 minutes, we have reached Sta. Lourdes Wharf, a known drop off point to several different islands in Honda Bay.




     These were the places we visited:

Pambato Reef





Star fish Island
I find this place beautiful but if you went here because you thought that going by it's name there are a number of starfish, you might be dismayed. There's none. Still, I find this place lovely. There are a lot of polka shells you can get from this island. :)







Pandan Island
Named after the Pandan trees that can be found on this island. This is where we had our lunch as well.
There were a number of stores here that offer snacks, henna tattoos, halo-halo, buko juice, etc and they were all very affordable. :)













     We were home by 5:00 in the afternoon. We rested a bit and then we went to Ka - Lui to have our reserved dinner.

    I enjoyed the ambiance but not so much with the food. The food served was a bit bland. I guess what we paid for is the experience and the ambiance the restaurant provide. They require guests to remove foot wear and to walk and stay bare footed inside the restaurant which gave me a homey feeling. 










     After the dinner, we decided to go to Iwahig for firefly watching. Pepito Donaire offered me a package deal which cost Php 1, 100. I said I will think about it because that was not really part of the package deal. When I knew that there was a cheaper option, I did not take his offer and when I told him that, he said that there might be a penalty. Honestly, it infuriated me because he already asked us to pay Php 2, 000.00 because one from the group decided not to join our Palawan outing but prior to that, I had him computed the itinerary which should only be good for 10 persons. We were supposed to be 11 but one backed out so we were left with 10. He should not have asked us for additional money. I don't recommend him. On our third day in Palawan, he called me and he was shouting saying he was short paid. I explained to him that it could have been a miscalculation of her assistant whom I have given the payment for the package deal. I called the assistant to clarify what was going on and she admitted that the error was on her part. Pepito Donaire did not even apologize for what had happened. I will surely NOT going to get his services again.

     Going back, I arranged a van which took us to and from Iwahig. The experience was marvelous. I saw thousands of fireflies glowing in the dark. Then it started to drizzle when we hit the mid part of the tour. He's good. He was able to answer all of our questions about fire flies. He even knows what were the components that makes fireflies produce light. Impressive. The boat man also pointed out several different constellations in the sky. He was very versed with what he was doing and we were so impressed. As he paddled the boat, he pointed his finger on the waters. It was glowing as he paddled. It was something I only see in cartoons. He said those were plankton, microorganisms that only live in clean bodies of water.





This ends our day 4 in Palawan












1 comment:

  1. WOW! That must be full of fun and excitement as well. Good thing you came to visit Palawan, A very nice place, beautiful beaches and nice resorts. Palawan packages are really nice but it really depends on the budget.

    ReplyDelete